Monday, July 26, 2010
10:55 pm
There's nothing quite as therapeutic as walking around the city area on a weekend evening. Its such a relaxed mood and every time I go around these places it just brings all the holiday memories spent traipsing around with people discovering places in Singapore. Who needs air-conditioned shopping centres when you can always see new stuff along shophoues or older buildings hmm. I want to go club street again! Saturday was actually quite productive though I spent the whole day out! I can't function alone at home its fun to people-watch :D
I've watched a grand total of 5 movies since post-blocks :O Somehow alot of J2s seem free nowadays everyone's going into town after school hurr. I know everyone is talking about Inception but Nodame was quite awesome it just felt sad to say goodbye to the whole series finally. And the set was so pretty. It just makes me want to drop everything and go to some gorgeous city with great architecture and culture; the kind that makes you feel like everything is pulsating at night. Okay and Inception is quite cool and everyone is getting into the whole momentum of trying to dissect it intellectually and being awed by its awesomeness and complexity but then it makes you wonder why other genres (like live productions for example) are also always layered with tons of complexity but nobody ever pays it any attention. And you put something deviates from the mainstream formula into the picture and suddenly it just captures so much attention. Its just biased cynicism and maybe I'm directing it at myself because I suddenly realized how we all hardly watch plays (good ones) now that hc is over and everything. Okay this is getting stupid :/ Ahh but okay joseph gordon-levitt is <3! He's not particularly handsome but he has this amazing aura :D
I'm changing my mind about the future and everything and now I've just come to the conclusion that I just don't want to think anymore. Sigh. Forget all the scholarships and applications and grades; I just want to be a critic who watches plays for a living. Or an air stewardess so that I can have an awesome jet-setting life :D And alternatively I think I will be happy just working in a bookshop. Secret ambitions that are impractical even if they are possible :/ Maybe its just difficult to be idealistic/passionate all the time.